Your surgery ‘Carer’s Champion’ is Trudi Gibbons. Please ask to speak to Trudi if you would like any information or support, and they will point you in the right direction, or find out more for you. You can always leave a message for her if she is not in.
Are you looking after or providing support for a relative friend or neighbour? Are you being helped or supported by a relative friend or neighbour?
For an insight into being a carer and what you can do to find help, please have a look at the booklet below.
- Somerset Carers, who give support to all unpaid carers over 18 in Somerset. 0800 31 68 600 or www.somersetcarers.org
- Sompar Carers’ Assessments for those caring for people with mental health problems. Carers’ Development Manager 07774 207458 (Carers can be referred or self refer for a Carer’s Assessment providing the person that they support is registered with Somerset Partnership mental health services)
- Carers’ Information – Carers’ Service Administrator 01749 836633 / 07919 211361 or www.sompar.nhs.uk/what-we-do/carers-service and look under Carers
- CCS Village Agents – www.somersetagents.org Your local Village Agent can be contacted directly or by referral through your doctor’s surgery. Community Agents can only be contacted via referral from your doctor or Adult Social Services. They are problem-solving solution-finding super heroes!
Your GP needs to know so you can be offered the right information, support and access to services. GP surgeries have to compile information for the government about the numbers of carers attached to the surgery so your information will help them to do this.
Please complete the form below.
- There is more information about help with day-to-day living because of illness or disability on the NHS website.